Friday, September 7, 2012

Flashback Friday {one}

Our grandparents had leather bound albums filled with faded black and white photos.  We store ours on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.  Because no matter your age, race, gender, most everyone loves looking at pictures.   So, every Friday I will be posting some of my favorite vintage photographs and why I love them.  Hopefully these posts will prompt you to print some of your photographs to ensure they make it into the hands of future generations and don't die on your desktop! 

This is a picture of my grandparents, Herman Jasper and Barbara Sue to be exact, on their wedding day in 1961.  My grandmother was happy that day, explaining that her facial expression was due to the fact she thought her parents were about to snatch her out of the church, not entirely thrilled about the union (don't worry, Herman grew on them).  I love her style here.  Look at that headpiece and the gloves, and those earrings.  You can’t tell but that dress is the sweetest shade of baby blue.  And my grandfather, my sweet papaw, with the Elvis pompadour (the hairstyle he still rocks, but now in a striking shade of silver). Aside from the fashion, the worn wood floors, the felt attendance banner, what I love the most about this picture is that I can look at it and see features of my mom, my uncles, my cousins, myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo true! Love Aunt Barbara and Uncle Herman. Pictures are memories that will never be forgotten. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete