Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tough Mudder {Austin Event Photography}

Dan and his dad participated in the Tough Mudder in Austin a few weekends back.  It's a harcore 12 mile obstacle course designed by British Special Forces benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.  I think this will become a tradition for our family. Here are a few photos from the event.  You'll see some interesting characters and a few photos from around Austin.  We bummed around Congress, Sixth Street, and only went to Southern Living recommended restaurants.  It was a fabulous weekend to say the least.






5 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun weekend for sure! Awesome pictures! What lens did you use for most of the race photos? They're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! For the race pictures I used a Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens, for the others I used my fixed 50mm.

      Delete
  2. Awesome pictures Lindsay. Bet you love that zoom lens now that you got one. Did you go ahead and just shoot in sport mode for the race pics? It does pretty good in that mode about no blur in action and still takes in enough light usually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I actually have been shooting exclusively in manual mode for quite some time. If I didn't, sport mode would definitely have been the one to pick for the event! It was a lot of fun. We are actually doing it in a different city each time, so not sure which one he will do next. They have one in Nasvhille though.

      Delete
  3. Maybe Rhonda and I can come give it a try next year. You will have to remind me. Looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete