Friday, November 16, 2012

With a Thankful Heart {three}

Before I was married I ate a lot of chicken tenders and salad.  Then I married a man that craved more than just chicken and I needed to learn more about cooking tenderloin, tilapia, salmon, rib eye...  Learning to cook was fun.  Yet it wasn't without its share of mishaps, like the time I used Minute Maid instead of freshly squeezed orange juice, resulting in me crying over little orange scented muffin bricks.  Since then I have de-veined shrimp, stuffed chicken, butterflied filets, filled pumpkin rolls, and nursed many burned fingers. 

I'm thankful for family and friends willing to be taste testers. 
I'm thankful for the evenings I have the time to cook a meal from scratch.
I'm thankful that when there's no time, there's always the Crock Pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment